Air University Registrar Support Branch (URS)
/ Published March 01, 2021
The Air University (AU) Requirements and Scheduling Section
What is the process for requesting a new education program?
AU Current Guidance (subject to change when Omnibus is approved) for New Course/Program Approvals:
1. The AF1768 STAFF SUMMARY SHEET (SSS)
is used for ALL AU New Course/Program Approval Requests (both PCE and PME), along with Tabs:
- Course Assessment
- Course Syllabus or Lesson Plan(s)
- ETCA Worksheet
***Use the standard SSS format per Tongue and Quill (AFH33-337). Also, please ensure to incorporate funding/resource information***
New Methods-of-Delivery listed below have been added to AUREPM’s Manage Programs module for Resident and On-Site Courses, and also when “Managing Offerings” for scheduling classes.
These options can also be listed in eSSS and Course Assessment, as well as initial ETCA Worksheet for New Course Approval packages….as applicable:
- VIR-L = Virtual In-residence – Local - An in-residence program or course executed virtually to replicate the in-resident experience as much as possible when full-time students on orders to the school's campus cannot participate in face-to-face instructional events.
- VIR-R = Virtual In-residence – Remote - An in-residence program or course executed virtually to replicate the in-resident experience as much as possible when students cannot travel to the school's campus or local area.
“These are intended to simply communicate the execution of courses and programs designed for in-residence delivery, whether long/PCS or short/TDY, through a variety of technologies and other means rather than face-to-face.
Students will receive in-resident credit, as necessary, as the aim is to meet the in-residence course/program outcomes. This is not the same as “distance learning,” which reflects a deliberate design and delivery methodology, and for a wide variety of reasons, we should not refer to these courses as “DL.”
2. Once completed with internal organization coordination (to include the applicable AF Career Field Manager, as well as Funding source if not requesting AF approval/funding), submit to AU/A3R Course Workflow Org Mailbox AU.A3R.firstname.lastname@example.org for Staffing/Approval/ and Processing.
This process can take up-to 90 days for completion depending on whether or not AF Approval/Funding is being requested.
If courses are User/Other-Funded, then they can be approved at the AU/CAA level.
What is the process for requesting changes to an existing education program?
Submit ETCA/Program Change request to AU/ETCA workflow e-mail AU.A3R.email@example.com. AU/URA will review and route change as appropriate. Minor, administrative changes can be made without approval; Major curriculum changes, funding, manning, etc. must be routed for approval prior to implementation. Approved changes will also need to be updated in the current version of the AU Catalog, published by AU/URS.
Why does AU/URA collect lodging requests for Maxwell-Gunter courses?
AU/URA reserves group lodging for all AU courses taught on Maxwell-Gunter, and all groups from any unit for groups of 10 or more. Our goal is to ensure students are on base whenever possible. Courses/Events are assigned a "weight factor" or on-base priority ranking annually, and URA works to de-conflict scheduling issues where possible to maximize on-base lodging utilization. Weight factors are assigned based on a three year average of the number and rank of participants, length of offering, type of program and if an approved “Required on Base” letter is on file.
Where can student production data be found?
AU/URA maintains most student production data in the AURPEM database. All AU and AFIT school production data and course/class schedules are updated by school POCs in AUREPM, with the exception of AFIT graduate education, and distance learning courses.