HomeNewsPhotos

Photo Gallery

ACSC, Air University celebrate Air Corps Tactical School’s 100th anniversary
In this historical image, officers take part in a map reading exercise in the 1930s at the Air Corps Tactical School, Maxwell Field, Alabama. The school moved from Langley Field, Virginia, to Maxwell Field in 1931. With its first class starting on Nov. 1, 1920, at Langley Field, it was first called the Air Service Field Officers School then Air Service Tactical School before being renamed Air Corps Tactical School in 1926, five years before its move to Maxwell. (Courtesy photo)

Download Image: Full Size (0.82 MB)
Photo by: Courtesy photo |  VIRIN: 201103-F-ZZ999-1001.JPG