Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
/ Published December 11, 2018
1. Welcome to the AFSNCOA. You are in for an exciting experience with sister service, coalition partners, DoD senior leaders, and other professionals who are focused on your continuous professional development. Please reach out to Air Force, Joint Force, and international students during the class. This is a great opportunity to broaden your understanding of the global force as well as network and build connections across various countries and branches of service.
2. Please take the following actions upon notification of attendance by your Formal Training Office:
Download and read the AFSNCOA Orientation Pamphlet and Student Guides. Please print and fill out the Student Information Worksheet. You will turn in your completed Student Information Worksheet to your instructor at the beginning of Day of Education 1 (DOE 1).
Active duty Air Force students are centrally scheduled by AFPC. The TDY's are centrally funded by AETC TDY-to-School (TTS). Orders will completed by each student in Defense Travel System (DTS); however, before you are able to complete them, the following steps are required:
If you have not received your funding confirmation message within 2 weeks of your class start date, contact your Formal Training Office. You may also contact AETC TDY-to-School at DSN 487-2971 or Comm (210) 652-2971.
Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, and sister service students are funded through their respective commands. Please contact your command POC's for any funding/DTS assistance.
3. Visit the Air University Portal (USAF and Sister Service Students only). Ensure you have an account created and up-to-date on the AU Portal at least one week prior to class start date. Failure to create/update your AU Portal account in accordance with the following instructions before you arrive for class may delay your access to the course material and limit your ability to submit assignments until the AU Portal updates are resolved. Instructions are in the Orientation Pamphlet on pages 6 and 7. Please take time to ensure your personal contact, and official/work contact information are completely filled out. Pay special attention to the note on email addresses on page 7 of the Orientation Pamphlet. Ensure both the Current Contact Information Email and the Official/Work Contact Base Email are the same email address. Use the email address you would like to receive course notifications to (most students prefer their personal email address). If the email addresses do not match in AU Portal, it may delay access to your Blackboard account and you will not be able to view the course material until it is resolved. You are not required to do anything in regards to your Blackboard account. Access to Blackboard will be explained on Day of Education 1 (DOE 1).
4. All required rooms are blocked off in advance by the lodging office and students are not required to contact the University Inn reception desk on Gunter Annex to place a credit card on file. Upon arrival, check-in at the University Inn reception desk in Bldg 1017. A student roster will be at the reception desk with your assigned flight room information. All students must check-in at the Gunter Annex lodging desk. Since the rooms are blocked off in advance, DTS may show rooms unavailable and issue a non-availability letter; however, rooms will be available and students must check-in at the Gunter Annex lodging desk. AETC TTS will not accept the DTS non-availability letter when you file your travel voucher so failing to check-in at the Gunter Lodging front desk may result in out-of pocket lodging expenses. If for some reason rooms are not available (maintenance, renovations, higher priority reservations, etc.), the lodging desk will work to secure you a room at a government contracted hotel and issue you a valid non-availability letter.
5. Orientation day show time: On the first official day of class, all students report to their assigned flight rooms for initial orientation at 0700. Report in long sleeve blue shirt with tie/tab and all accoutrements. A roster identifying your assigned flight room will be available at the lodging front desk.
6. There will be a class mixer and the dress attire will be Smart Casual.
7. On graduation day students MAY be released by 1500; however, it is strongly recommended that departure flights are scheduled no earlier than 1700. Allow extra time if flying out of Birmingham or Atlanta (Atlanta is on Eastern Standard Time).
550 McDonald Street
Maxwell-Gunter AFB AL 36114-3107