MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. --
Air University celebrated its 2022 annual award winners with a day of recognition and events specifically arranged for them and their guests on April 5, 2023.
“Each of these Airmen is truly deserving of their respective award,” said Air University Commander and President Lt. Gen. Andrea Tullos. “From the most-junior enlisted Airman and officer to the team and volunteer award winners, each one exemplifies our Air Force core values and is crucial to the success of the entire Air University enterprise.”
The day started with a professional development presentation, “Connecting: Building a Bridge Between the Warfighter and Human Domains,” by Dr. Jason Womack with the Ira C. Eaker Center for Leadership Development.
The winners were then publicly recognized at an award luncheon and ceremony at the Maxwell Event Center, followed by a tour of the Air Force Enlisted Heritage Hall museum on Gunter Annex. To wrap up the day, the group went on a guided outing at the Legacy Museum in downtown Montgomery.
“It was an honor to celebrate these Airmen with a day specially devoted to them,” said Chief Master Sgt. Stefan Blazier, AU command chief. “They contributed greatly to the university’s many successes and accomplishments in 2022, so it was great to be able to recognize them and their accomplishments in this manner.”
The Air University 2022 Annual Award winners are:
- Junior Enlisted Member: Senior Airman Zachary Fowler, Curtis E. LeMay Center for Doctrine Development and Education
- Noncommissioned Officer: Staff Sgt. Christopher Anderson, Headquarters Air University staff
- Senior NCO: Master Sgt. Samantha Payne, LeMay Center
- Company Grade Officer: Capt. Megan Duenas, 42nd Air Base Wing
- Field Grade Officer: Lt. Col. Wayne Henry, Air Force Institute of Technology
- First Sergeant: Master Sgt. Tiffany Denham, Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accessions and Citizen Development
- Civilian Category I, non-supervisor: Brandi DeFoor, 42nd ABW
- Civilian Category II, non-supervisor: Nikki Klinger, 42nd ABW
- Civilian Category II, supervisor: Robert Scribner, 42nd ABW
- Civilian Category III, non-supervisor: Dr. William Nicholas IV, Ira C. Eaker Center for Leadership Development
- Civilian Category III, supervisor: Gloria Milner, Air War College
- Civilian Category IV, non-supervisor: Dr. Andrew S. Clayton, Eaker Center
- Civilian Category IV, supervisor: Dr. Hengky Chandrahalim, AFIT
- Team: Air Force Chaplain Corps College, Eaker Center
- Volunteer: Tech. Sgt. Ahmed Abdul-Rahim, Holm Center