By Col. Patrick Carley, 42nd Air Base Wing commander
/ Published March 25, 2020
42nd Air Base Wing Shield
Over the past days, the state, region and local area have seen a significant increase in the number of positive cases of COVID-19.
Therefore, I have raised the Health Protection Condition (HPCON) to Charlie from Bravo for Maxwell AFB and Gunter Annex effective immediately.
HPCON Charlie indicates there’s a substantial threat of disease for personnel due to a local or regional epidemic outbreak with a high morbidity rate, imminent spread of such a disease, and/or a wide area of contamination that requires special or costly avoidance procedures.
What does this mean for you as Airmen, employees, and families on Maxwell-Gunter:
• Only mission essential personnel in work centers
• Maximizing remote/telework options
• Continued cancellation of in-person gatherings (e.g., schools, daycare, all community activities) and potential restricted ability to travel
• Plan activities for family members, especially children, in case restricted to home for prolonged periods of time.
• Prepare for limited and/or restricted access to the installation, if directed
• Follow COVID-19 guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
See the below graphic for things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, to include following strict hygiene protocols, and keeping proper social distancing. For additional guidance and information, please visit the websites below.
If you suspect you have symptoms that may be related to COVID-19, please visit the CDC website for info https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html, and call the 42 MDG at 334-953-3368, or the Tricare Nurse Advice Line 24/7 at 1-800-TRICARE.
The safety and wellbeing of the Maxwell-Gunter family is at the forefront of our decisions. Thank you for being vigilant and resilient during these dynamic times.
Col Pat Carley
Commander, 42d Air Base Wing
Team 42 … We’ve got your 6