Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
/ Published January 15, 2021
Current as of: 8 Mar 21
1Schriever Space Scholar Students, SANDS Students, and Air University Fellows B, C, D will report with ISC
2JADS Students and ACSC with MAJCOM Advanced Assignment Students will report with Main Body
*All inbound students will ROM for 14-days upon arrival. Dates have been updated to reflect this change.
1. Initial Student Cadre (ISC): The role of ISC is twofold: 1) fill critical student leadership positions and 2) act as the ADVON team for the main body of students. People who hold these leadership positions are vital players in establishing the culture, morale, and developmental opportunities for the class for the year at ACSC. Calls for volunteers will go out in early January 2021.
2. Concentrations: Air Command and Staff College sponsors distinct Concentration Programs that explore operational and strategic challenges confronting the joint force in air, sea, land, space, and cyber. Students participating in these programs will benefit from elements of ACSC’s core curriculum while also receiving specialized instruction and professional development in their respective concentrations. More info can be found here. Calls for applications will go out at a later date.
3. Early Reporting: Advance written permission must be obtained should early reporting be required (i.e. mandatory return from remote assignments). Normal CONUS and OCONUS moves do not meet this intent. Early reporting requests for personal convenience will not be approved. If an early reporting request is approved, the following statement must be included on your orders: “Early Reporting Authorized. Written Approval Obtained From the Student Squadron Commander at Air Command and Staff College”
4. Reporting Dates: Reporting prior to the Report No Earlier than Date (RNETD) or after the Report No Later than Date (RNLTD) is NOT authorized without prior coordination through ACSC and final approval from HQ AFPC/DP2LWD. Personnel that report early without prior authorization will be charged leave until authorized reporting date and will not be reimbursed for excess lodging/per diem accrued due to early reporting.
1. Narrative-Only PRF (USAF Only): Students must have a Narrative-Only PRF completed by their losing unit prior to departure.
2. Fitness Assessments: Students must report with a current passing Air Force fitness assessment that will not expire prior to 15 September 2021.
3. Security Clearance: A current Top Secret/SCI or Interim Top Secret clearance will be required for all LAF USAF and USN members prior to attendance. All other students (Non-LAF USAF, USA, USMC, USCG and civilians) require a minimum of a (current) Secret clearance. However, if you desire to participate in any TS-level electives and/or briefings, we recommend that you obtain your clearance prior to arrival. Also, if you are currently filling an SCI billet, ask your SSO for a Transfer-in-Status to the AU/SSO (DSN 953-6715/3606 or Comm 334-953-6715) at Maxwell AFB, Alabama. Finally, if your current investigation is within 60 days of the 6 year expiration date, you must begin the update process immediately through your current security manager. Please note – T5 (New TS) investigations will NOT be submitted after arrival at ACSC. Please contact ACSC security manager (DSN 493-2712/Comm 334-953-2712) with any security clearance questions.
4. Computer Requirements: Air University schools have transitioned to a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy and students will not be issued government laptops. All students attending Air Command and Staff College are expected to bring their own personally-owned (not government-issued) device for access to course materials.
5. Military students must be in uniform when signing-in.
6. Ancillary Training: All students should complete annual ancillary training requirements prior to arrival to minimize the need for completion during the academic year. At a minimum, DoD Cyber Awareness Training MUST be completed prior to arrival at ACSC.
7. Transcripts: Non-Air Force military and all civilian personnel need to send their official transcripts to the Air University (AU) Registrar’s Office. AU Registrar contact information: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; service desk site: https://auservicedesk.af.edu; mail: Air University Registrar, AU/A3RR Registrar Services, 60 Shumacher Avenue, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112. If you have questions, military personnel should contact the Student Squadron Administrative Office at Comm: 334-953-2226 (DSN: 493). Civilian personnel should contact the ACSC Registrar Office at Comm: 334-953-9820 (DSN: 493).
*Please send all questions to the Student Squadron (STUS) team via email to the ACSC STUS Org Box E-Mail: ACSC.STUS.Students@us.af.mil