Foreign Ministry announces countermeasures against Pelosi
In response to U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi's insistence on visiting Taiwan in disregard of China's strong opposition and solemn representations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced on August 5 the following countermeasures:
1. Cancellation of the phone call between the leaders of the Chinese and American military theaters.
2. Cancel the working meeting between the Chinese and the US Department of Defense.
3. Cancel the meeting of the China-US Maritime Military Security Consultation Mechanism.
4. Suspend China-US cooperation in the repatriation of illegal immigrants.
5. Suspend China-US criminal judicial assistance cooperation.
6. Suspend China-US cooperation in combating transnational crimes.
7. Suspend China-US cooperation in drug control.
8. Suspend Sino-US climate change talks.